on my attitude

i don't like my attitude here.  i hate the way i'm coming across.  i'm becoming one of those stepmoms who do nothing but complain about the BM (a term that annoys me, by the way.  is she a bowel movement?).  one of those blogs by a bitter woman.
 
and i'm really not bitter.  really and truly.  do you guys know about my other blog http://writeonyo.typepad.com?  i have another blog where i am funny and actually not judgmental.  mental, yes.  judgey, no.  unless you cut me off in traffic, then i play dirty.
 
and what happened between july 21 and september 2?  i last posted in july here.  nothing really happened between then and now.  i had nothing to complain about, nothing to rant about.  it seems that the holidays and vacation time is when my feathers get in a fuffle.  when custody changes, when i feel like pete and ramona are being short changed.  when i think karen is being selfish for no reason but her own insecurities. 
 
but i don't really know anything about her insecurities.  i don't know her.  i've only heard things about her.
 
i did post on my other blog about karen.  august 7th.  i was considering moving the stepmom blog over, and having it in its own category.  and i wasn't even mean or ranty about her.  here is the post:
 
=========
August 7th 11:31 am
 
have you ever gotten flustered in front of someone?

i do. all the time. pete has a six year old daughter. i will call her ramona quimby, because she looks just like her. before i met her mom (we'll call her karen), i heard stories about her. i was, and still am, convinced that we will be buddies. pals. friends. only i'm SO dumb in front of her.

i hid in the bathroom the first time she came over. yep. totally did it.

what do you say to your boyfriend's ex? we're going to have a relationship with her for the rest of our lives. and it would be better if we could all get along. but i am not above hiding in the bathroom. it's not that she's mean. she's very nice, very pleasant. i just... don't know what to say to her.

my boyfriend had ess ee ecks with her. and that ess ee ecks is smart, funny, sassy, and quite cute. she calls me eelonda.

saturday karen was coming over to pick up ramona. i heard this, and went to the bedroom to read. i figured i'd hear her come in, pick up ramona, and leave. only i finished the book and got bored. pete and ramona were playing something in the living room. i walked in.  ramona asked if i wanted to play monopoly. i told her i had to go to the bathroom, but yes. i'd totally play with them.

while i was washing my hands, i heard karen. i thought, fine. no prob. i'll just hang out in the bathroom until she leaves. i'll totally hide until she leaves. i heard ramona ask her if she wanted to play monopoly with us. she agreed. ramona told karen that eelonda was in the bathroom, but that i'd be out and play with them.

dammit. now i had to come out.

i came out. we played. my funny goes out the window in front of her. i have NO funny. i don't know what it is. i can't think of one witty or smart thing to say. i can't think of anything friendly to say. the first time i met her i told her i liked her purse. and i really did. but after that? nothing. i think that's the only thing i've ever said to her where i got a response. not that she was ignoring me, but that she actually heard me.

what the hell? do i need pills? what's my problem? the monopoly game went well. it was cool, the four of us playing. and i think that's important. i think that's way cool. ramona hasn't been to disneyland. i think we're all going to take her. i plan on being dumb the whole time. i'm sure this will go away. i'm sure i'll find my funny (or, geez...friendly or something) somewhere while i'm around her. but for now, if you can't find me, i'll be in the bathroom.
=======
 
see?  i promise i'm not mean (not that i've gotten comments about me being mean or nasty).  i'm just ranty.  come over to my other blog.  i post more often over there.

 

3 comments:

Crys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crys said...

You know what, "good job" to you. Because damn, I don't think I would have done it. In fact, I've made it clear that me and the ex of his are never going to meet unless it's an absolute dire emergency. So for you to play monopoly with her and the family...I have some real respect for that. Because it's something i know I'm not ready for, nor do I think I ever would.

BTW, I totally put your other blog in my reading list so that I can see your other mental side. Because I have quite the mental side too. :)

Anonymous said...

yaay! thanks! i promise to update more than once this week.

maybe i'll get over the bathroom thing. or maybe i'll have to start stashing wine and books in there. and granola bars and gatorade.